The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last year this thread (or one very similar to it -with a similar name) was shut down as soon as it was warm so the "me too" fair-weather cyclists couldn't chime in and the "hard core" winter cyclists could feel smug without the lamers watering down their fire. 

i'm surprised this one hasn't been shut down already. 

Hmmmmmmm.

Should I close it or not?
Thoughts?

That's your call. And I was being presumptuous before when I suggested what the original intent of the thread was. There was a time when your threads seemed to be more about relating weather and road conditions and encouraging others to ride. For the past 3-4 months its seemed to be more about, here's a picture of where I rode today.

in it to win it said:

Hmmmmmmm.

Should I close it or not?
Thoughts?

I agree with Kevin C, it is your call on closing it. My 2 cents is that although the pictorials are nice and I enjoy them, the thread itself has gone completely off track from the original topic, especially now that it is springtime.

Is there a point on Ning when a thread starts to get funky and wonky due to extreme length and the number of posts/pictures in them?

I know on bikeforums there are a few threads that get so long that the mods have to shut them down because they are slowing down the servers.   If this isn't the case I don't see why a thread would need to be shut down.  So it has changed from the original intent.  "I rode today" is a perfect title for the pictures that are being posted to it these days. 

Leaving it open.  Got some business for closing it last and got some business for leaving it open this year.

So be it.  Let's see where creativity leads the thread...

If it dies, it'll be because it lacked interest and just floated to the bottom of the pile.

While I was riding today, I happened to pull up to a red light at an intersection with three other cyclists.

Me on my FS Trek Y22 on the paved bike path, a woman on a Cannondale roadie, an older man on a step thru hybrid, and a father on a with his children in a trailer. Four very different riding styles, yet very connected in one simple activity.  We all exchanged pleasantries with each other while waiting for the light to change. Nice bike, great day for a ride, and so on. When the light changed, we all went our separate ways and I couldn't help but think about our casual encounter for the remainder of my ride and how our automobile centered society keeps us isolated from each other. If I had been in my work van, I would have never spoken to another person in a car at a red light. This encounter had an uplifting effect on me for the rest of my ride, and I hope that it affected the others as it had me. I have been riding this route and three other routes about once a week for the last couple of years, and have noticed quite a lot more riders on them. Yes, I rode today, and this is why it was one of the rides I will remember.

I rode today. Did you?

Asked and answered senators.  

Yup.  Rode about a dozen miles from Naval Station Great Lakes south to Ravinia, in Lake County.  Nice clear sunny day, crisply chilly, great for riding.

יאָ

Great temps to be driving bikes.  When the blast furnace ignites shortly, we'll be down to shirts, shorts,  shoes and sweat.  The breeze was all over the road today.  Will the sCrUBS win 70 this season?  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service