The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wind! All day long.

हां

Sunday's ride in SE Bureau county, 80 miles with just under 1800' of climbing.  I carried 40 oz. of water the whole ride, never took a sip.  Guess I can leave it home next time.

How beautiful, Mark. What a great place for a Sunday spring ride. Keep the photos coming.

mark stetson said:

Sunday's ride in SE Bureau county, 80 miles with just under 1800' of climbing.  I carried 40 oz. of water the whole ride, never took a sip.  Guess I can leave it home next time.

はい

Shake down run for an '86 Schwinn Peleton, 20+miles.  

It's completely original an in nice shape.  

A bit twitchy compared to the commuter.  You guys with multiple bikes must have some funny stories about switching from one bike to the next.  Muscle memory had me reaching for the barcon rather than the downtube shifter position.

Made the acquaintance of a homeward bound commuter by the name of Bernie.  He had some insights into the contact points and my posture on the bike.  I may ask for help from the experts in the Chainlink community for insight. 

Jeez aren't we fortunate in ChicAgo?  The LFP provides us access to a wide assortment of activities: 

Photography

Beaches

Volleyball

Swimming

Running

Bike driving

Tennis

Baseball diamonds

Soccer fields 

Piers for fishing

Picnic spaces/open spaces for kites

Golf

Chess

Bird watching 

People watching

It's just terrific!

Am I the only one that thinks that the original intent of this thread has been lost to its use as a photo album? It would be great if someone started a separate thread for "cycling photos." But in the meantime, the number of participants in this thread has dropped from "many" to "few."

I believe the original intent of this particular thread was for people to post that they rode in on a day that was icy, cold, sleeting, slushy and snowing during winter time-kind of a "I actually rode in this and survived" type of thing. The thread should probably have been retired when it started to get warmer out and the flowers and trees started blooming like they are now.  So, for me, it is nice to see the pretty pictures, as I am riding everyday and don't feel a need to let people know I braved the weather and bicycled. Although I was biking almost every day in winter, I did like to vent once in a while about how nasty it was or wasn't on here.  I do agree that maybe starting a new thread for "Beautiful Scenery on my Ride" would be easier to find and look at or maybe call it Flamingo Photography by Gene :) 

I enjoy the photos, but agree that a separate thread for them would be better.  But if more are posted and you want to reply to that post, please be sure to delete the photos from your reply post so we don't have to scroll through a bunch of repeats. Thanks.

Kevin C said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the original intent of this thread has been lost to its use as a photo album? It would be great if someone started a separate thread for "cycling photos." But in the meantime, the number of participants in this thread has dropped from "many" to "few."

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service