The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Yipee," I yelled as I got on the lakefront bike path at Chicago Avenue. The sound of yipee finally caught up with me as I exited at the Peace Garden at Buena. Now that is a tailwind.

The downside was getting the left side of my body sandblasted along North Avenue Beach.

On another note: Anyone get passed purposely-to-annoy on the right regularly by one of the Lances?

Oo

When I hit the junction for LFP or Lincoln to Wells this morning, it was a no brainer.  The wind would've had me simpering like a second grader if i chose the LFP.  P.M. ZANGO!! used gears my derailleur forgot we had.  Look ma no hat or gloves.  ; )

Gene Tenner said:

On another note: Anyone get passed purposely-to-annoy on the right regularly by one of the Lances?

Educate us Gene what is this?  And what counter measures need to be implemented? 

i think i was dealing with headwind to and from work!!!!!

It is odd, Steel Driver. A color-coordinated-in-red-and-black guy passes me on the right on the gravel where joggers and walkers go and usually hops back on the asphalt a little later. Methinks it is a cyclocross bike (black), but I am not sure. He only comes out when it is warm, so it unlikely I will see him today. He does this around 5:00 north of Irving Park. He apparently does this to annoy - successfully - or he would stay on the gravel. He missed me by inches Tuesday and yesterday was okay, yet still surprising when you do not hear him coming. He is an accident yearning to occur.

I doubt there is much that can be done to stop him. Bad behavior is hard to change; once an as___le, always an as___le.

Steel Driver said:

Oo

When I hit the junction for LFP or Lincoln to Wells this morning, it was a no brainer.  The wind would've had me simpering like a second grader if i chose the LFP.  P.M. ZANGO!! used gears my derailleur forgot we had.  Look ma no hat or gloves.  ; )

Gene Tenner said:

Educate us Gene what is this?  And what counter measures need to be implemented? 

Ano

Hee hee, I passed a dozen people on the A.M. commute!  No it's not what you're thinking.  Rookie wingnut maneuver, mistakenly under dressed.  I was chilled the whole way, so it still wasn't speedy enough.  P.M. was fine till the derailleur put the chain into the spokes, ouch.  Minor adjustment to the H screw.  Don't you just hate when you can't control your vibratory sensitive screws?  No bent spokes so, good to go...

Gene Tenner said:

A color-coordinated-in-red-and-black guy passes me on the right on the gravel where joggers and walkers go and usually hops back on the asphalt a little later. Me thinks it is a cyclocross bike (black), but I am not sure. He only comes out when it is warm, so it unlikely I will see him today. He does this around 5:00 north of Irving Park. He apparently does this to annoy - successfully - or he would stay on the gravel. He missed me by inches Tuesday and yesterday was okay, yet still surprising when you do not hear him coming. He is an accident yearning to occur.

Gene thank you for the explanation.  Weird behavior to say the least.  Must be very disconcerting when the animal passes on the right.  Sounds like he thrills dominating people.  I weakly suggest you get a pic of him.  I say weakly because it may diminish your riding enjoyment.  Which would be counter productive.  Best bet, bless the tool and gratitude for no contact.  Or whatever is sensible and best for you.  Thank you Gene. 

Derailleur into spokes is the 'L' screw.

Steel Driver said:

Ano

Hee hee, I passed a dozen people on the A.M. commute!  No it's not what you're thinking.  Rookie wingnut maneuver, mistakenly under dressed.  I was chilled the whole way, so it still wasn't speedy enough.  P.M. was fine till the derailleur put the chain into the spokes, ouch.  Minor adjustment to the H screw.  Don't you just hate when you can't control your vibratory sensitive screws?  No bent spokes so, good to go...

Gene Tenner said:

A color-coordinated-in-red-and-black guy passes me on the right on the gravel where joggers and walkers go and usually hops back on the asphalt a little later. Me thinks it is a cyclocross bike (black), but I am not sure. He only comes out when it is warm, so it unlikely I will see him today. He does this around 5:00 north of Irving Park. He apparently does this to annoy - successfully - or he would stay on the gravel. He missed me by inches Tuesday and yesterday was okay, yet still surprising when you do not hear him coming. He is an accident yearning to occur.

Gene thank you for the explanation.  Weird behavior to say the least.  Must be very disconcerting when the animal passes on the right.  Sounds like he thrills dominating people.  I weakly suggest you get a pic of him.  I say weakly because it may diminish your riding enjoyment.  Which would be counter productive.  Best bet, bless the tool and gratitude for no contact.  Or whatever is sensible and best for you.  Thank you Gene. 

At least he isn't a "dork" with that "ugly" disk...

notoriousDUG said:

Derailleur into spokes is the 'L' screw.

Nice Gene.  I especially like the lone maple? on the shoreline and the arcing shoreline pic above it.  I headed out to the state park to test my "new" MTB today.  Lots more miles on the road than the trails, but the trails were more work. 

The sun felt great!

Hard work when riding south still a great day to ride.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service