The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That was the most brutal headwind I have experienced in some time! Twice I was almost sweep off my bike. Looking forward to a tailwind on the way home, and riding in Maui Friday!

It's windy again, but not as bad as yesterday...or so it seems. I'm sad that the really warm weather is leaving us for a while after today.

Headed north last night,what a tail wind!

After nearly 3 months of the bike, I rode my 9 miles into work this morning. Of course I had to pick the windiest day of year so far.

It was slow going. So slow in fact that I got passed by the homeless guy on his Huffy with 6 bags of stuff tied to the handlebars. I have my work cut out for me...

What were you doing riding on the sidewalk?

Duppie said:

I got passed by the homeless guy on his Huffy with 6 bags of stuff tied to the handlebars.

I rode against the wind today the entire way to work. The day itself is beautiful, it is the wind that is very, very wicked.  Also had to deal with listening to what I think is a loose bottom bracket (clunk, clickity clunk clunk) every time I pedaled hard against the gusting wind.  I am hoping I can just coast with a tailwind the majority of the ride home today, if only because that noise was driving me nutty this morning. :)  

I was bravely, smugly riding south against that awful, fierce headwind this morning on LFP when a flock of emergency vehicles went by on the drive.  When I read "Chicago Fire Department Scuba Team," it put my bravery and smugness into perspective!  

That said, in the 3 weeks and ~200 miles since I picked up my bike this "spring" I've already lost 4 pounds!

im glad i have waited and yet to install my 13t cog. that woulda been brutal...

Why do I always have to be running too late to enjoy my ride on amazing days like today?

Sometimes it is ok to find trucks blocking a protected bike lane:

wow - so many great views from that bridge and I choose to include none of them in the background of this shot. ugh  The crew is fixing(?) a bumpy joint on the 18th St. bridge.

Holy wind Batman!  My bike loaded is at least 35 lbs on my commute and it was shifting sideways today!  Glad I made it home.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service