The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best part of taking your bike to the Post Office is that you are always well-rested by the time you are ready to ride  home -especially if you go to 60647 in Logan Square.  if you can sleep while standing you can just about get your full 8 hours in.

Haha! I always hate going to the Post Office, but the Lake View one was not too bad. Only waited for twenty minutes or so. 

James BlackHeron said:

The best part of taking your bike to the Post Office is that you are always well-rested by the time you are ready to ride  home -especially if you go to 60647 in Logan Square.  if you can sleep while standing you can just about get your full 8 hours in.

Print your postage online if you can.  Also the machines in the lobby can be used to print labels, though not for every type of mail.

Adam Herstein said:

Haha! I always hate going to the Post Office, but the Lake View one was not too bad. Only waited for twenty minutes or so. 

James BlackHeron said:

I wish the machines would print USPS money orders.

Because of my undying hatred for all things PayPay I am sometimes forced to use a MO to pay for things.  The vending machine is a godsend for mailing packages but I still end up needing to get a MO every couple of months.   I need to take some recreational pharmaceuticals to calm my nerves before going into the Logan Square PO.   The secret is to have a low expectation so if you get out of there in under 40 minutes you are actually happy.

My mailing life has become easier since I started using flat rate boxes and buying the labels on line.

Why not just go to a currency exchange?

James BlackHeron said:

I wish the machines would print USPS money orders.

Because of my undying hatred for all things PayPay I am sometimes forced to use a MO to pay for things.  The vending machine is a godsend for mailing packages but I still end up needing to get a MO every couple of months.   I need to take some recreational pharmaceuticals to calm my nerves before going into the Logan Square PO.   The secret is to have a low expectation so if you get out of there in under 40 minutes you are actually happy.

For More Bike Ride Photos for Monday, April 16, 2012, Click Here.

Windy ride today!

I rode my usual Lincoln-Wells southbound commute this morning as I wasn't too sure how the lakefront path would be with all the wind.  Lincoln wasn't all that bad, except for some massive gusts that pushed me sideways a little bit. Nice day, but very, very windy.

Slightly blustery this AM

I am super excited to head E/SE with a strong W wind pushing me. We're on the big chain-ring today, boys ad girls!!

Not fair. Headwind and sideswinds on the way in to work...then headwinds and sidewinds on the way back home...grr.  Oh well. Just some added exercise. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service