The Chainlink

I just missed the press conference and just hung out at lunch to see how it would all work. It seemed easy enough, so I took Dearborn as my starting route home to Roscoe Village. Normally I hit Franklin to Orleans then north to Lincoln.

I have to say, it was pretty easy and relatively safe. The ambassadors were helpful with the the auto traffic. The walkers were easy enough to avoid. I had to chuckle at two riders riding side by side in the lane.

What I didn't see was any oncoming traffic; southbound riders. I am guessing that will come in time or at other times during the day.

Way to go Mayor RE! This is really making a statement.

Who else rode the new path?

Views: 17627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops, sorry I didn't list his email address! I was so excited about the ticket...

Michelle Stenzel said:

@ h' - I didn't get that far with the 311 operator. As I was talking, the bike cop rode up and when it was clear that he was issuing a citation, I ended the 311 call.

@Will G - Thanks, I had forgotten that was a Sysco truck you dealt with as well. I've just sent Rick Leonard an e-mail. For anyone else who wants to do so, it's Leonard.Richard at chi.sysco.com  and the relevant part of this thread is on page 21.

Some of them are good people who get it.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

The Chicago Police are sometimes quite lovable!

There's nothing quite like learning insults by immersion.  ;)

Juan 2-8 mi. said:

Most of the people I work with are Polish, so it kinda rubs off after many years.

Anne Alt said:

Dupa? Haven't heard that one in a while - my Polish gramma's favorite equivalent for dumbass.  ;)

Today was one of the best days on Dearborn I've had in a while. No peds standing in the bike lane – even at Lake, they were all bunched up on the sidewalk. There were a bunch of trucks around Monroe that were properly in the loading zone, and not in the bike lane.

Careful patches of ice out there this morning.

I often hear dupajasz, which is like "Johnny ass".

Anne Alt said:

There's nothing quite like learning insults by immersion.  ;)

Juan 2-8 mi. said:

Most of the people I work with are Polish, so it kinda rubs off after many years.

Anne Alt said:

Dupa? Haven't heard that one in a while - my Polish gramma's favorite equivalent for dumbass.  ;)

I noticed a truck parked on the bridge blocking the bike lane. At first I thought CDOT was installing plates, but the truck was just sitting there with a couple guys in it. I wasn't sure if it was a city truck or not.

That looks like welding equipment.  Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

I noticed a truck parked on the bridge blocking the bike lane. At first I thought CDOT was installing plates, but the truck was just sitting there with a couple guys in it. I wasn't sure if it was a city truck or not.

I'll bet they're installing the plates today.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

That looks like welding equipment.  Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

I hope so! It's been very slippery these past few days and I am really wanting to not have to walk my bike across the bridge.

Anne Alt said:

I'll bet they're installing the plates today.

Fingers crossed!!!

That would be cool.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service