The Chainlink

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20140326/humboldt-park/machete-wield...

I'm not a violent guy, but, these idiots need a beating.

Views: 1975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They'll be in prison for something soon enough, living off our tax dollars.  What a waste of skin they are.

Here is a write up in the Sun Times They are calling it the "Knockout Game".

And anyone saw the Reddit comments?

http://www.suntimes.com/m/26465386-773/cyclist-punched-by-man-wield...

Welp, guess I should get started on a holster for a baseball bat, or at the very least one of my old seatposts.  I ride through there a lot and I'm always wary of everyone, but this is taking it to the next level.

I am trying to recall and dig up news stories about prior attacks on people cycling in Humboldt Park. I found a report on Chicago Fixed Gear forum (no news story) but that was in 2011. I remember one earlier, closer to when I moved to Chicago, in 2006 or 2007, where a guy was cycling down California Avenue and was hit from behind (with a bat?). 

Where was the woman who was hit by a guy who reached out of the passenger seat of an SUV? California north of North?

I can't find anything about the attack on California near Hirsch but I found this:

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/attacked-sunday-at-845pm

Unfortunately when you put "California" in the search terms it makes a mess out of the results.

Not good, not good!

I think you are talking about Jana Kinsman.  Chainlink thread here.

Alex Z said:

Where was the woman who was hit by a guy who reached out of the passenger seat of an SUV? California north of North?

Yes I think that's who you are talking about.  I saw her sunday.

I know she was overwhelmed with the amazing support the bike community gave her after the horrible event.

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

I think you are talking about Jana Kinsman.  Chainlink thread here.

Alex Z said:

Where was the woman who was hit by a guy who reached out of the passenger seat of an SUV? California north of North?

Does Division and Kimball count as Humboldt Park?

If so, then this thread from a 2009 attack is appropriate for this thread. Graphic pictures warning!

http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/529404-ever-have-clean-blood-of...

Steven Vance said:

I am trying to recall and dig up news stories about prior attacks on people cycling in Humboldt Park. I found a report on Chicago Fixed Gear forum (no news story) but that was in 2011. I remember one earlier, closer to when I moved to Chicago, in 2006 or 2007, where a guy was cycling down California Avenue and was hit from behind (with a bat?). 

The "Knockout Game" is a media myth created to generate fear and sell advertising revenue. Teenage boys in cities have been roaming around in small groups and randomly jumping individuals for as long as there has been teenage boys in cities.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/25/why_the_knockout_game_...

Julie Hochstadter said:

Here is a write up in the Sun Times They are calling it the "Knockout Game".

And anyone saw the Reddit comments?

http://www.suntimes.com/m/26465386-773/cyclist-punched-by-man-wield...

Here is the link to the reddit discussion where this all started.

http://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/comments/21ck6c/remember_the_socall...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2013   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service