The Chainlink

18.6 after the Unofficial New Year's Day "Weather Be Damned" Ride. 39 °F and i needed my sunglasses!

Views: 2524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

probably not! 2497.8 after taking advantage of a warm day last week.

going into the home stretch, it looks like the leaders are:

14100 - MMM

10487 - curt(is)

7000 (planned) - Jacob

5500 - JeffB

I am at 5,551 miles for the year as of December 6th.  I have since hung up my tires for 2017, so there is plenty of time for JeffB to pass me.

Hung up your tires?!? But it hit 50 degrees yesterday! I grabbed it and performed my 82nd Perimeter Ride on the year, surpassing 11,000 miles Y-T-D.

Yep now that December is here, i transitioned to swimming in the mornings instead.  Trust me, I wish I was riding outside because swimming is just plain awful and hard.  Plus, there is no coasting in the pool. (I am zwift-ing on a trainer indoors but those miles don't count obviously)

Great job on 11,000 miles!  I honestly have no idea how you did that.  Awesome!

(My goal was 6,000 miles but I fell oh so short)

Why don't zwifter miles count?? In the spirit of full disclosure, my count this year includes stationary "miles." In March, after a rib-pull injury I experienced on the rowing machine (so much for cross-training!), I began to embrace the stationary bikes at the gym. To my surprise, I began to appreciate the intense, focused spinning vs. the long-distance/endurance cycling that I was more accustomed. Looking back at my cycling diary, my stationary miles account for 2,305.4 miles of my y-t-d. Of course, that still means 8,713.3 miles on the road. Going over my records, I realize that I somehow overlooked a Perimeter Ride back in early May, which adjusts my yearly total up to 83.

Oh they can. I just wasn’t sure what the rules were. If that is the case, then I have 5,821 total miles this year. I did eight century rides this year outdoors but I don’t think I could do a single one indoors. Stationary riding is hard! 

My likely last commute home before the new year is this afternoon and will put me at 5660 for the year... Last year my goal was 5000 and I missed it by ~100mi. Not this year, got the 5500 and more. All these trips from Evanston to 31st street added up!

It's hard to say since I have 4 bikes I use on regular basis and quit using a computer, but I have driven less than 2000 miles.  That and a couple of weekly club rides, several weekend overnights, and three 10 day self supported tours have amounted to more than a bunch.

Marc

5480 miles. Did not keep track of stationary miles. 

"stationary miles", what a concept  :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service