The Chainlink

When a website that claims to be promoting local cycling in the city of Chicago has a banner ad for a site which is one of the many internet discount outlets that make it hard for local bike shops.

Way to go Chainlink, bravo.  Is the advertising dollar worth making things harder on the local shops here in Chicago?

Is this site about serving the local community or is it about being a profit center for it's owner?

Views: 6223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice video game reference.  But should be "all your base are belong to US" if you want to get technical. :)

At least that would increase domestic oil production enough for Conservatives to finally shut up about domestic energy policies ;) 

James BlackHeron said:

Heck, looks like the USA is going to annex the entirety of the Middle East sooner or later.   Iran is obviously next sometime probably before November. 

I am there...What time is breakfast....OR, you could do this for WINTER BIKE TO WORK DAY!!!!...Which I am going to try to make

Duppie said:

Really? You haven't had my home cured bacon then?

Start with a pork belly from a humanely raised pig from C&D Family farms in Knox, IN.

Wet cure it for 4-5 days in  a nitrate-free cure in our Michigan made fridge.

Then hot smoke it for a few hours on my Georgia made grill, using the Amaze-n Smoker box, welded in Minnesota out of American steel.

Finish it off in our Iowan made oven to make sure it is fully cooked.

Slice nice and thick with my Wisconsin made Chinese-style knife

This what is what you end up with:

Fry it up with some eggs from our own backyard chickens, and serve on my wife's home made bread (usually made with Illinois grown wheat). Drink coffee that is roasted 100 yards from my home (Metropolis roasting garage on Clark).

Local enough for you?


Bernard Joseph Hannigan said:

Best bacon in the UNIVERSE?....Bobby Nelson in WI...

You didn't.  I was just implying that you could get more local.  Although, at some point it just becomes useless purity contests.

Duppie said:

Where did I suggest otherwise?

S said:

I bet those coffee beans were grown in south america or the caribbeans.  


Duppie said:

Fry it up with some eggs from our own backyard chickens, and serve on my wife's home made bread (usually made with Illinois grown wheat). Drink coffee that is roasted 100 yards from my home (Metropolis roasting garage on Clark).

Local enough for you?

The US annexed Hawaii in 1898.  Hawaii became a state just after WW2 though.  The US is finally out of Iraq for the most part.  I'm hoping that happens soon in Afghanistan as well.

James BlackHeron said:

Or maybe the USA can just annex Colombia or the entire West Coast of South America like they annexed Hawaii soon after WW2.

Would that make it OK to buy from there if it was "from the USA?"

Heck, looks like the USA is going to annex the entirety of the Middle East sooner or later.   Iran is obviously next sometime probably before November. 

Hawaii was a territory just like a lot of other territories that never became states.  It was only an interest because of its importance as a Naval Base like Guam or the Phillipines. 

5000 Mercenaries are still in Iraq under US employ the size of a He...

No, the US is not out of Iraq.  They just moved the official troops out to ready them for Iran.  Smoke and Mirrors.

When can I place an order?

Duppie said:

Really? You haven't had my home cured bacon then?

Start with a pork belly from a humanely raised pig from C&D Family farms in Knox, IN.

Wet cure it for 4-5 days in  a nitrate-free cure in our Michigan made fridge.

Then hot smoke it for a few hours on my Georgia made grill, using the Amaze-n Smoker box, welded in Minnesota out of American steel.

Finish it off in our Iowan made oven to make sure it is fully cooked.

Slice nice and thick with my Wisconsin made Chinese-style knife

This what is what you end up with:

Fry it up with some eggs from our own backyard chickens, and serve on my wife's home made bread (usually made with Illinois grown wheat). Drink coffee that is roasted 100 yards from my home (Metropolis roasting garage on Clark).

Local enough for you?


Bernard Joseph Hannigan said:

Best bacon in the UNIVERSE?....Bobby Nelson in WI...

This thread made a definite turn for the better when y'all started talking about bacon.



MK said:

This thread made a definite turn for the better when y'all started talking about bacon.
Find more videos like this on VloggerHeads

Agreed. There should be a balance. But I am what one would consider a locavore, although I don't do it for environmental reasons but more because i like to know where my food comes from. I can visit a farm in Knox, IN, but I wouldn't do that with a farm in Kansas.

That, and i just love to make cured meats.

S said:

You didn't.  I was just implying that you could get more local.  Although, at some point it just becomes useless purity contests.

Duppie said:

Where did I suggest otherwise?

S said:

I bet those coffee beans were grown in south america or the caribbeans.  


Duppie said:

Fry it up with some eggs from our own backyard chickens, and serve on my wife's home made bread (usually made with Illinois grown wheat). Drink coffee that is roasted 100 yards from my home (Metropolis roasting garage on Clark).

Local enough for you?

The way cops can get away with just about anything.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-officer-dui-death-t...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2013   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service