The Chainlink

As seen on a bike rack on LaSalle at Monroe.  Charming, eh?

Views: 1875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Additionally, this is illegal.  It's considered graffiti. 

Anne Alt said:

An amusing and prompt response - bravo!

Duppie said:

Credit where credit is due. Just got this reply from their marketing manager. Someone might check whether it actually got removed.

"Dear Cyclist,

At 1-800-GOT-JUNK? we employ magical Sign Fairies who are usually discerning about placement. Our new class of Sign Fairies that we are currently training is a bit over zealous with their sign placement. They actually escaped from their cage last week and it’s clear that one of them has visited your Starbucks bike rack in Chicago.

We acknowledge that this sign placement was inconvenient. Please accept this email as a sincere apology from our corporate head office and our local franchise. We dispatched a team to remove it this morning; it is gone now.

Sincerely,

1-800-GOT-JUNK?"

The ironic part, at least in my neighborhood, if you do this for your garage sale, the cops will carefully collect all of the signs, come to your garage sale and give you a ticket for some amount times the number of signs.  And if you do not have a fully complete Garbage Sale permit....    But private companies... they let them coast.

1-800-GOT-JUNK? we employ magical Sign Fairies...

Doesn't anyone take their business seriously anymore?

They should also get points for having a sense of humor.

+1  

Mike Keating said:

They should also get points for having a sense of humor.
Anne, Belated congrats on your well deserved award from Active Trans.

PS: My mother was a Beverly girl. St. Barnabas parish.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.....I counted 78 signs of all kinds today, all different types of companies and people trying to make a living and feed their families in a bad economy. What is really important in our life?

How many of those 78 signs you counted were attached to bike racks?

PS. Glad to see spent your time well on Thaksgiving day, counting signs and all. It is clear what is important in your life ;)

Mike Miller said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.....I counted 78 signs of all kinds today, all different types of companies and people trying to make a living and feed their families in a bad economy. What is really important in our life?

Thank you.  We're in St. Barnabas territory.  

Plenty of signs around here, but none of them are on bike racks.

Mike Keating said:

Anne, Belated congrats on your well deserved award from Active Trans.

PS: My mother was a Beverly girl. St. Barnabas parish.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service