The Chainlink

FS- Gravity Bullseye 29+ fat bike 20" w/ upgrades 26x4.0 - 29x3.0 - $380

Just in time for winter I'm selling my Gravity Bullseye 29+ fat bike. Size is 20" which Bikes Direct claims fits riders 6' to 6'3". Aluminum frame and fork with decent, clean looking welds. If you're wanting to dip your toes in the fat bike world, this is a great, affordable way to start. I bought this as a complete bike from Bikes Direct early this year ($499) and upgraded several parts. I added Avid BB7 disc brakes and Avid Speed Dial brake levers in place of the lower quality Tektro Novela brakes the bike came with. I also upgraded the crankset to an Alivio mountain triple with replaceable chainrings versus the stock Suntour SR crankset it came with that had riveted chainrings. Also non-stock are the Lizard Skins Northwoods lock-on grips, and the longer fork steerer tube. The fork that came on the bike had an issue with how the dropouts were welded on so I requested a replacement fork and did not cut the steerer tube all the way to allow for some future adjustment before finally cutting everything down to size. Heavy stock inner tubes were switched to lighter weight QBP Presta valve tubes with Schrader-Presta valve adapters in the rims. Stock pedals were replaced with Wellgo platform pedals that have replaceable traction studs and grease ports for maintenance. All of the cables and housings were replaced as well with everything custom cut to give the cleanest install without excess length which was the case with all of the stock cables and housings. Finally, all fasteners on the bike have been tightened to published torque specs per component manufacturers using a torque wrench. Drivetrain is stock 8 speed SRAM X4 shifters and rear derailleur with a Shimano Alivio front derailleur. The saddle is basic WTB model. The bike also has an extra derailleur hanger. The bike has seen mostly road usage with some light trail riding and has never been wrecked. There are couple minor paint scuffs but those are due to locking it up on bike racks. The front fork has braze-ons for attaching a rack or bikepacking accessories like Salsa Anything Cages or other similar products. Additionally, the rear part of the frame will accept a rack just fine, and in fact I have a Blackburn Outpost rear rack that fits the bike and which I'm selling separately. I could easily install the rear rack should you wish to get it along with the bike (discount on the rack price if you get it to go with the bike - bike with rack $430). The frame will accept full fat 26x4.0 tires, 27.5 wheels, and 29x3.0 aka 29+ which is currently installed. A decent set of 26x4.0 wheels with tires can be purchased from Bikes Direct for about $200 to give you the option of maximum flotation for heavy snow/sand. Full fat wheels and tires combined with the 29+ set the bike comes with make this an extremely versatile ride. Cash only, local pick up only (unless you want to pay shipping).

Views: 752

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I'm interested in the bike that you have for sale, and would like to make arrangements to see/test ride it.

Please advise, thanks!
Alicja

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service