The Chainlink

FS: 1973 Schwinn World Voyageur Touring Bicycle - 58 cm

Hi Everyone,

Below is my bike, as stated in the title. This is definitely unique; read on. 

Long ago (ok, about 2 years ago) I purchased a 1986 Schwinn World Voyageur. It was wonderful, but too small for me. I liked the group set and components, so I yanked those and sold the frame and wheels. Then, I came upon this 1973 World Voyageur frame set. 

So, what you have is a '73 frame, fork and headset. brake levers, crank and derailleurs are transplanted from the '86. Everything else was picked out by me. So, here are the specs:

Frame: 4130 Chromoly steel; nickel plated beneath, wearing kool orange paint (which shows some beausage. 

Crankset: Shimano Biopace, 50/44/28. Pure awesome for climbing like a goat or suffering in 25 mph headwinds (which I've done twice in howling open fields of south central Wisconsin.)

Shifters: Suntour friction PowerShifters. I find these to have wonderful feel and move smoothly. 

Front/rear derailleurs: Shimano FDZ 206 (Shimano Light Action SIS) & Shimano RDZ 525GS ( Shimano Light Action SIS )

Brake Levers: Dia-Compe drilled Alloy non-aero levers

Brakeset :Dia Compe 610 Center Pulls - I must say, these are probably some of the best center pulls you will ever use. Once I got these properly set up, they've offered excellent modulation and the ability to lock up the wheels if need be (but don't, because doing and endo is faux pass.) 

Front wheel : Sun CR-18 700C 

Rear wheel: Weinmann AS23X 700C

Freewheel: Shimano 14-28 6 speed

Tires: Front - 32mm Panaracer Pasela TG. Rear - Panaracer 32mm Ribmo PT. Included in the sale of this  bike is an extra 32mm tube and brand new Panaracer Pasela TG (if you want to make the tires matchy matchy. 

Saddle - Berthoud Mente. Just now getting broken in. Very awesome saddle which is comparable to a Brooks Select. 

Handlebars - Velo Orange Grand Cru Course. Awesome shape. Love these bars.

Also, bottle cage in the picture is not included. Free of charge, I'll include the vela orange bottle cage clamp holders so you can add a bottle on to the bike. Also not include is the speedometer which is in the picture. 

Rear rack is a sun-tour, and is definitely included for your touring and commuting needs. 

All told, I'm asking $350. Please PM me with any questions, and thanks for looking.

Views: 2172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Jeff. On all my bikes, I prefer to have the back area flat as can be. This way, I'm not putting undue pressure on my hands. 

In other news - no emails or anything in regards to the bike on here or Craigslist. I'm guessing I'm too high. I'm open to offers as well. I reallllly don't want to part it out, but will if needed.

JEFF, I TOO LOVE MY SADDLE NOSE UP OTHERWISE I FEEL I AM SLIDING FORWARD AND PUT TO MUCH PRESSURE ON MY HANDS ON THE BAR

Jeff Schneider said:

Lovely!  Nice to see someone else who likes the saddle nose up a bit.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service