The Chainlink

Anyone know if it's planned for this year? If so, when?

Views: 1390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it's a "no drop" ride, but like most rides differently paced mini groups branch off.

JeffB said:

Thanks for the replies.  Do people stick together on this ride?  What's the general pace (assuming cold, but dry, weather)?

i am guessing the organisers are waiting for snot freezing weather to come back :)

Nothing on the books yet, but let me see if I can find someone to host us on Sat. March 10 (still technically winter). I'm inclined to lead a Metra to Harvard, IL, plus 70 miles of biking, excursion to Madison, but if people feel strongly about it we could stick with tradition and ride all the way to Milwaukee.

I would love if you could not do the weekend of the 10th since I'm in California. I normally wouldn't ask, but I started the thread and this might be the only year I can go since next year I'll have an infant at home. Which is the reason I asked about it so early. :)

I'm in, no matter which.  Last year was just seven dudes, one day, 100 miles even and awesome.  I know there are some hardcore women winter riders out there--can we get a gender balance going this time?

We've got space to host folks from WI if we do the traditional and bring some riders back with us on our return leg.  

ACJ--congratulations!  First time?

David606xx said:

Yup! Thankfully my wife's career has been infant pre-school childcare. So I'm feeling pretty confident.

Can't wait for the baby bike shower!!!! Now we just need to plan it.....

Adam "Cezar" Jenkins said:

David606xx said:

Yup! Thankfully my wife's career has been infant pre-school childcare. So I'm feeling pretty confident.

We've got three.  It's sooooo much fun!  Best nature show ever!

Well, how about leaving on St. Patrick's Day, Saturday, March 17?

I would love if you could not do the weekend of the 10th since I'm in California. I normally wouldn't ask, but I started the thread and this might be the only year I can go since next year I'll have an infant at home. Which is the reason I asked about it so early. :)

John Greenfield said:

That looks like it will work great. I'll double check and let you know later today.

All is good for St. Patty's Day.

John Greenfield said:

That looks like it will work great. I'll double check and let you know later today.

Cool, let's plan on St. Pat's. Any preference on Madison (Metra to Harvard, IL +70 miles)
vs. Milwaukee (95 miles)?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service