The Chainlink

construction on Archer impacting the bike lanes: anyone have an IDOT contact?

I ride Archer in to work most mornings, and a project to replace the sidewalk access ramps between Western (or maybe farther, i just get on on Western) and Chinatown  has been going on for months (translation: they started it a long time ago and then left) - and has left giant chunks out of the pavement at almost every intersection - right in the middle of the bike lanes. 

I don't really need to spell out to this group why that's a bad thing on a busy, fast, curvy, bike route - but i want to let IDOT  (or who/whatever would be the best contact) know that just because a chunk out of the pavement doesn't affect cars doesn't mean it isn't dangerous!

Anyone have an email address at IDOT that I could email (or a better idea for who to reach out to?) 

thank you!

Views: 499

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They have two doors.  The lesser one is on Archer.  The main one is on Ashland.  The bartender, Junior, was very pleasant when a friend of mine and I stopped by for the first time recently.  Prices are reasonable, with a tap microbrew running about $5.  Some specials, too. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service