The Chainlink

Bike Friendly Apartment - Marshall Blvd - Avail now- 750/mo

Details here:

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/bright-roomy-2br-boulevard...;

Thanks for looking!

Edit late 9/16/14-- closing this because it looks like both units are rented. Thanks again for all the bumps :-)

Views: 335

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

"near UIC"? ;)

Yup. One short bus ride to east campus. 10-15 minute bike ride.  If you're not familiar with Chicago it helps you tune in on what general part of town it's in.  When I get someone who doesn't seem to know how to look up "24th and Western" or "24th and Marshall" on a map site I encourage them to do so and end the call as quickly as I can without being rude.

I suppose. I'm down with "Near Pilsen" and "Near Little Village." Maybe I just think "near UIC" will make people think of somewhere within easy walking distance of Halsted. But I'm not super up on exactly how much UIC sprawls west. So, okay. :)

I should have just said "thanks for the bump" :-)

I did have someone the other day ask if it was near Halsted (right after asking if it was in Evanston) and my response was (as politely as I could muster)  to look at a map and call me back ..... to be fair "near UIC" comes across a little differently than "near UIC/Pilsen/Little Village", which is what the ad says.  I know you live around here (a bit father from UIC than the unit in question) but you may not realize, not being in the business of renting apartments, that this area is a preferred place for UIC (and IIT and Art Institute and columbia etc.)  students to look. Not only because of location but value as well.

Alex Z said:

I suppose. I'm down with "Near Pilsen" and "Near Little Village." Maybe I just think "near UIC" will make people think of somewhere within easy walking distance of Halsted. But I'm not super up on exactly how much UIC sprawls west. So, okay. :)

Makes sense. Thanks.

I'd think it would be a pretty easy commute to many locations by bike or the #60 bus or the pink line, among other options.

h' 1.0 said:

I should have just said "thanks for the bump" :-)

I did have someone the other day ask if it was near Halsted (right after asking if it was in Evanston) and my response was (as politely as I could muster)  to look at a map and call me back ..... to be fair "near UIC" comes across a little differently than "near UIC/Pilsen/Little Village", which is what the ad says.  I know you live around here (a bit father from UIC than the unit in question) but you may not realize, not being in the business of renting apartments, that this area is a preferred place for UIC (and IIT and Art Institute and columbia etc.)  students to look. Not only because of location but value as well.

Alex Z said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service