The Chainlink

I'm on Fioretti's e-mail list and it looks like he'll be announcing his candidacy tomorrow morning.

Karen Lewis is either running, or in the process of possibly being talked into running.

What says thechainlink population about the likelihood that either will be progressive on transportation issues?

Or is there an alderman/public servant we should be pushing toward considering a run?

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bob Fioretti is officially a candidate for Mayor of the city of Chicago for 2015 . Announced 9/13/14.
News info: Just saw this on the 2nd Ward website. I'm not sure if you have to be a 2nd Ward resident to participate.
FREE OPEN TO ALL.
Alderman Bob Fioretti's annual bike ride. Bike the 2nd Ward. Tomorrow, Sunday, September 14, 2014.
Arrive 8:30 am/Departs 9 am. Start/stop location, Fairlife , 1001 w. Adams at s.Morgan st. (near UIC).
Ride through our beautiful city. Scenic 17 mile ride led by Alderman Bob Fioretti. After party, food, music,
vendors, fun. 1-312-263-9273. Halfway pit stop at Goose Island Brew Pub,1800 n. Clybourn, (~10:45am-latecomers)?
Register:Free t-shirt, goodie bag. If available.
DnaInfo. Com/Chicago/20140909/Downtown-bike-2nd-ward-with-Ald-bob-Fioretti-Sunday-The-2nd-ward-tickets . . .

Fioretti was supportive of Dearborn and other bike lanes being built in his ward. He's held a ward bike ride each year (most recently yesterday) that was a real ride, not just a kid fest.  He seems to get the concept of bikes as transportation. I don't recall anything specific on transit, so I'm not sure of his position there.  

Bonus for south siders - he used to live in Pullman (learned this when I met him at the Pullman house tour last year). He showed up and spoke at a recent public meeting in favor of Pullman's big for national park status. Looks like the south side (especially far south) is on his radar - a rarity among mayoral candidates.

Lewis is obviously best known for her position on education issues.  On transportation - ????  No idea at all.  I'd welcome any information on how she feels about it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service