The Chainlink

List of recalled bike related products here. Add any others you know about.

Also check www.recalls.gov for more info on many recalls; bikes are under CPSC.

Tags: parts, recall

Views: 590

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bicycle Helmets Recalled by Triple Eight Distribution Due to Risk of Head Injury

Several skateboard style helmets made by triple 8 don't meet standards. See the link for photos and details. 

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12082.html

Nitto Bicycle Handlebars Recalled; Handlebars Can Break Resulting in Loss of Control and Fall Hazard

Nitto B259 bars are recalled, see http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12095.html

Giant Bicycle Recalls Two Models; Forks Can Break Causing Fall Hazard

2012 Defy Advanced and Avail Advanced.   http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12088.html

Assuming those forks are carbon fiber?

Allen Wrench said:

Giant Bicycle Recalls Two Models; Forks Can Break Causing Fall Hazard

2012 Defy Advanced and Avail Advanced.   http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12088.html

Yup - sorry for the delay. The info is on the link. Now it's expanded to more bikes, too:

Specialized Bicycle Components Expands Recall of Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard

2012 Tricross Sport and Tricross Comp

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12096.html

Almost all road bikes nowadays come with carbon fiber forks so I'm pretty sure they are

Tony Adams said:

Assuming those forks are carbon fiber?

Allen Wrench said:

Giant Bicycle Recalls Two Models; Forks Can Break Causing Fall Hazard

2012 Defy Advanced and Avail Advanced.   http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12088.html

Specialized/ Globe bikes from 2008 and 2009 need new front forks (they break) http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12281.html

All Bike Friday tikit folders are being recalled for potentially breaking stems.

http://bikefriday.com/momentum/tikit_register


Another link with more info at http://www.bikefriday.com/blog/?p=992. Not on CPSC yet.

Wow. Let anyone know who you see riding one!

Thunder Snow said:

All Bike Friday tikit folders are being recalled for potentially breaking stems.

http://bikefriday.com/momentum/tikit_register

I just submitted a CPSC report on this.

Allen Wrench said:


Not on CPSC yet.

Bike Friday Tikit bikes are all recalled; the stems break. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13038.html

also a number of other recalls recently, have a look at CPSC.

I'm not sure why there was a 7 week time lag between our notifying CPSC on Sept. 28 and the Nov. 14 recall, but Bike Friday seems to have been responsive and transparent: http://bikefriday.com/momentum/tikit_stem

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2013   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service