The Chainlink

As inspired by Steve Weeks, DDS: Bike Winter drink menu?

I just had an ooh-ooh-ooh moment when Steve Weeks responded to Dr. Mambohead on another thread that "Frozen Balaclava" sounded like a mixed drink.

So if there were ever a Bike Winter bar event with custom drinks, what would they be?

Let's start with the Frozen Balaclava. I'm getting something like a Rumpfleminz and cream Daquiri....

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

C'mon folks, whatcha got?

Some more drink name proposals...

The Rusty Chain

The Studded Rubber

The Snotty Glove

The Base Layer

The Hand Warmer

The Salty Slush

Perhaps it's because of my own personal brand of funk, but my frozen balaclava makes me think of gin, bitters and Zwack Unicum. Although, I think your minty concoction sounds a lot tastier.

And in honor of this mornings ride: the windburned sweatsicle. Orange Julius, vodka, Campari served margarita style with salt.

Unicum? I'm afraid to ask...

Here's our official first entry:

The Windburned Sweatsicle (yay):

Orange Julius, vodka, Campari served margarita style with salt.

So, inspired by this discussion (with myself), I put some ice in a blender, poured in about 1/8 of a bottle of Rumpfleminz (I told myself that bottle would last months when I popped for it but apparently I lied), a bit of half and half (had to be leave enough for coffee tomorrow....) and mixed it up.  Not horrible but not great.

Kept thinking a little chocolate something might be missing, but Chocolate doesn't last around here... then I added a heaping teaspoon of hot chocolate mix and blended it up, and it works.

So I'm going to put the following bike winter drink apertif forward for assignment of a fitting name (doesn't have to be the balaclava):

1/4 blender of ice

4 oz Rumpfleminz

Heaping teaspoon hot chocolate mix powder

Blend

BTW this is me posting drunk ^^^

Pretty damn impressive, no? ;-)  ;-)  :-)

Howard : I'll check around but it's OK - we still love you.  A few people here have had a little too much to drink from time to time

h' 1.0 said:

BTW this is me posting drunk ^^^

Pretty damn impressive, no? ;-)  ;-)  :-)

 

 

 

 

Unicum is this Hungarian herbal alcohol. Take a swig for breakfast and feel a fire in the belly. No really. It's insane. When you get older and need something more mellow, they say Jaegermeister.


h' 1.0 said:

Unicum? I'm afraid to ask...

OK, OK, I forgot to add the half and half to the recipe, I know! .... I'm sorry you had to witness that.

dan brown 4.4 miles said:

Howard : I'll check around but it's OK - we still love you.  A few people here have had a little too much to drink from time to time

h' 1.0 said:

BTW this is me posting drunk ^^^

Pretty damn impressive, no? ;-)  ;-)  :-)

 

 

 

 

"The Dearborn PBL":

  • 2 oz. Peach Schnapps
  • 1 oz. Vodka
  • Martini Olives
  • Several Big Chunks of Ice
  • Gummy Bears (peds)
  • Matchbox car
  • Thick crust of salt on one side of rim (to be avoided)

This drink needs to look really interesting, but everyone who tries it needs to say "it needs improvement".

Brilliant! Almost sounds drinkable--like the Dearborn lane is almost ridable ;-)
 
Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

"The Dearborn PBL":

  • 2 oz. Peach Schnapps
  • 1 oz. Vodka
  • Martini Olives
  • Several Big Chunks of Ice
  • Gummy Bears (peds)
  • Matchbox car
  • Thick crust of salt on one side of rim (to be avoided)

This drink needs to look really interesting, but everyone who tries it needs to say "it needs improvement".

I love it! Although I wouldn't want to drink it....

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Brilliant! Almost sounds drinkable--like the Dearborn lane is almost ridable ;-)
 
Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

"The Dearborn PBL":

  • 2 oz. Peach Schnapps
  • 1 oz. Vodka
  • Martini Olives
  • Several Big Chunks of Ice
  • Gummy Bears (peds)
  • Matchbox car
  • Thick crust of salt on one side of rim (to be avoided)

This drink needs to look really interesting, but everyone who tries it needs to say "it needs improvement".

The Mars Light

(dedicated to Chicago's parked in the Dearborn PBL)

one buttermilk choclate frosted Dunkin' Donut

one slice bacon

one and one half shots of Makers Mark with all the alcohol

splash of Baileys

2 oz of blue Listerine

handful of blueberries

1 cup crushed ice

Blend until frothy. Top with Maraschino cherry. serrve with a swizzle, er, a nightstick

 

This drink should be served in a 24 oz beer glass and should be set in front of somebody else's drink.

When's the party?  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2014   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service