The Chainlink

What does everyone do for a living?

I work at a construction company on Ashland and Armitage as a project administrator - where swearing is a way of life, we drink too much coffee, work too hard, and party harder. I also do theatre work, mostly in management, and writing.

Mmm.

Views: 3887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I earn my meager living researching charter schools as part of my doctoral studies where swearing is a way of life, we drink too much coffee, work too hard, and party harder.  :)

I think your now one of my  favorite people.

Danielle said:

I work at a bike shop and a doggy daycare/boarding/walking facility that houses shelter dogs. Bikes and dogs...can't go wrong with that! I am also putting my fancy degree to good use...LAWL

Oh yea also the subject at hand...  (a little ADD here)

I am a Railroad conductor, On Metra's Union Pacific North line.  I work a 14 hour day, Monday through Friday.  But my lunch hour is R E A L L Y long.  So I have time to do my biking, Ogilvie to the lake front, north to the end, and back, and I also work for the United Transportation Union, where I am a claims writer, and general office grunt.

Now to go look at the mermaid tails...

Unemployed since July of 2012. Did some part time on-call bike deliveries and most of my experience is in the landscaping and interiorscaping (you know the buildings with tropical plants inside)  EXTREMELY bored and broke so if anyone is or knows anyone who is or knows anyone who knows anyone who might know someone for any of the above let me know thanks otherwise I'll have to start selling my body or drugs or become a bookie who never pays his bets...oh the humanity!

I am an IT Director at Northwestern University in Evanston, and I think my bike-commuting days from Glenview are swiftly coming to a close for the winter.

Not so much the cold, but riding home after dark is not my idea of fun...

Thanks for the kind words about the Divvy crews.  I'm not sure that a Moby song that goes "Oh, baby, then it fell apart, like it always does..." is quite the theme I'd hope for Divvy.  Any station parts that I assembled will assuredly NOT fall apart--I cranked down on those wrenches, man.

Carter O'Brien said:

I have been awed by the Divvy crews - you guys should make a promo video and set it to some Bourne Identity music or something.

I'm a mechanical engineer for a utility company.  

I drive.  Actually live in Kenosha, and there aren't enough trains going south that early in the morning. or North, that late at night.  Many do commute by train, we call it "deadheading". 

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

I have to ask, what's the commute like being the one who gets the rest of us to work? I assume that your day starts at the Waukegan yard. Do you drive or catch a ride on a coworker's train?

When the weather is unpleasant for ridding I'm ussually on Train 316, 318, or 320.

Mark said:

Oh yea also the subject at hand...  (a little ADD here)

I am a Railroad conductor, On Metra's Union Pacific North line.  I work a 14 hour day, Monday through Friday.  But my lunch hour is R E A L L Y long.  So I have time to do my biking, Ogilvie to the lake front, north to the end, and back, and I also work for the United Transportation Union, where I am a claims writer, and general office grunt.

Now to go look at the mermaid tails...

Man, this is such a fun thread! 

Me, I've been an education program manager at the Old Town School for 14 years - whew! I also teach art there, part-time (bring your tiny children to my classes!), and am an airbnb host. All wonderful jobs - I'm lucky. 

Ha!  I was actually thinking of you guys more along the lines of the renditioning scenes, where a van pulls up and a half dozen black op guys bag-and-grab someone, chuck them back in the vehicle and drive away, all in 30 seconds or less.  I am truly astounded at how fast the Divvy crews do their thing, those bikes are not light!

Oh, and I'm the sustainability manager for the Field Museum of Natural History, and serve on the Chicago Recycling Coalition's board.  Tomorrow we're doing a dumpster dive here as part of a waste audit, much to the bafflement of many of my colleagues, I am totally looking forward to it. 

Thunder Snow said:

Thanks for the kind words about the Divvy crews.  I'm not sure that a Moby song that goes "Oh, baby, then it fell apart, like it always does..." is quite the theme I'd hope for Divvy.  Any station parts that I assembled will assuredly NOT fall apart--I cranked down on those wrenches, man.

Carter O'Brien said:

I have been awed by the Divvy crews - you guys should make a promo video and set it to some Bourne Identity music or something.

Hi Sarah, we tried for years to find a slot for our daughter in one of your classes, the scheduling never quite worked out (she's now in the guitar program).

Sarah D. 1-3.3 said:

Man, this is such a fun thread! 

Me, I've been an education program manager at the Old Town School for 14 years - whew! I also teach art there, part-time (bring your tiny children to my classes!), and am an airbnb host. All wonderful jobs - I'm lucky.

Concierge.  Before I was an instructor of Spanish and English at Berlitz Language School. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service