The Chainlink

Take the Lake Front Path til you get to 71st Street,
From there hop on South Shore drive.
Take that to Baker and head east to Burley.
South on Burley to 87th short leg east on 87th to Mackinaw onto Ewing which leads you right to the Burnham Bike trail which you can follow until you go into some woods then look out on your left there will be an entrance into Wolf Lake state park. On the road you come out to if you head right the road ends at a park on Wolf Lake.

Here is a link to the route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/il/chicago/335173384750

Tags: Front, Lake, indiana

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2124737

Wolf Lake to 3 Floyds Brewpub.

How long (milage and approximate time-I know that it will depend on several factors, weather, cyclists experience,etc...) is this trip?

Maybe I could make it a "few hours out, stay the night, come back in the morning" kind of ride?

Or is it a "ride there and back", (after getting off work at 6 pm, for example) ?

Just wondering. I need to start training for the Apple Cider and Perimeter rides.

Thank you in advance for any information on this.

Respectfully,

Manny

A ride to 3 Floyds is a there and back "starting mid-morning kinda ride". 70-ish miles round trip. The time it takes is completely up to the individual. Someone cruisng 10mph will take 7 hours. The carbon-lycra crowd would probably take half that. 7hrs doesn't factor in the time to stop at the brewery, the wait, or the drinking.

Manny Fuentes, 9.2 mi. said:

How long (milage and approximate time-I know that it will depend on several factors, weather, cyclists experience,etc...) is this trip?

Maybe I could make it a "few hours out, stay the night, come back in the morning" kind of ride?

Or is it a "ride there and back", (after getting off work at 6 pm, for example) ?

Just wondering. I need to start training for the Apple Cider and Perimeter rides.

Thank you in advance for any information on this.

Respectfully,

Manny

that looks like a cool route. i've always stopped at the southern end of the lakefront trail and turned around. i'm going to try this sometime.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2013   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service