It's time to crank on the sticker design for the coming Bike Winter cycling season . . . typically we start with a little open brainstorming, and see if we can get any new folks to come out of the woodwork and offer up drafting or design skills to make the ideas reality.
Lookee here for past stickers/mascots/slogans:http://bikewinter.org/misc/stickergallery.php
(edit-- changed subject from 2010-2011 to simply 2011- sorry for any confusion I created)
(edit 8/20: basic considerations/requirements-- please review:)
(edit 8/24- dropped lower case requirement for URL)
1)These stickers eat up a sizable chunk of our hard-earned funds, and their main purpose is to be seen and read easily so that they can fulfill their function as advocacy tools- thus:
a) Proposed designs need to clearly, prominently, and legibly, at a glance, even in low light conditions, say Bike Winter 2011 (<b>not</b> <i>Chicago</i> Bike Winter! we have other cities that we like to support with these).
Bike Winter is two separate words.
b) Need to clearly, prominently, and legibly, at a glance, even in low light conditions, say bikewinter.org.
2) Size is 1.5"X 4". We're in discussion with one vendor who would print 2 side-by-side (or end to end) on 1.5x8.5" stock and cut them down the middle at no charge, so they might be 4.25" by 1.5".
Can be oriented horizontally or vertically-- see sticker gallery for examples
3) Should not violate copyrights or contain elements used without permission.
4) In keeping with tradition stickers may feature a 'new' mascot and a slogan that ideally would be a corny play on words, but this is not a requirement. In keeping with tradition designs/themes should also not resemble past years' stickers but present a new look for the coming season.
5) Proposals need to be submitted in final, production-ready form by Thursday August 26, either by posting to the sticker/mascot thread in thechainlink.org bikewinter group, or as an attachment to the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail list. Please try to reduce your image file to under 500k in size before posting to the bikewinter list.
6) Submissions not meeting 1 through 3 above will not be included in the voting.
Voting will take place via SurveyMonkey and will be conducted under the supervision of the Bike Winter chairs, Julie and Lowell.
7) The winner will be determined by a tally of votes on Friday September 3; by submitting a design the creator hands off ownership to the Bike Winter effort and its volunteers for use in promoting the Bike Winter effort; creators agree that they will assist promptly if their design is chosen in any minor changes needed to assure visibility, compatibility with the printer's requirements, etc., and/or authorize others to make said changes.