The Chainlink

Love life and turn heads every time you ride this spring (and forever). This elegant yet practical piece of machinery has unique good looks that get complimented everywhere it goes. In addition to being absolutely beautiful, it's pretty much the funnest bike ever to ride. It reminds me of a swoopy rollercoaster. I dare you to ride it without bursting into a huge grin.

It's the perfect bike for Chicago streets too. The wide tires and springer saddle smooths out the harshest of rough roads. The 3-speed hub has just enough gears to handle winds and the occasional hill without being complicated to use and maintain. The disc brakes provide excellent stopping power in the worst inclement weather. Every part of the bike is durable enough for a long life in the city.

For the fashion inclined, the bamboo fenders and chain guard keep you clean, even when wearing a flowy skirt in a rainstorm. The porteur-style front rack and dual kick-stand look good and stay stable while toting farmer's market finds or canine companions.

The bike was purchased new in 2011 from Rapid Transit. My ex rode it twice, then decided cycling wasn't for her. It's been in storage ever since (other than me taking it out a few times because it's SO fun to ride.) It has less than 100 miles total on it.

It fits a wide range of heights. If you're 5' 8" or under it will fit perfect. I've had friends who are 5'0" take test rides with plenty of room to further lower the saddle. I'm 6'0" and ride it, but it's a little small to be practical.

---

FEATURES
- Brooks B67 Saddle
- Matching Civia bamboo racks and fenders
- 26x1.75 wheels with Panaracer Pasela TourGuard tires with reflective sidewall
- Avid BB5 mechanical disc brakes
- Sram i-Motion 3-speed internal hub with Gripshift
- Dual kickstand
- Truvativ Isoflow cranks with chainguard
- I'll include a Kryptonite U-lock (pictured) or brand new Abus Bordo 6500 folding lock for an extra $25
- It's hasn't been ridden enough to require maintenance yet. I'm a former bike mechanic so I'd be happy to help you tune it up after you've broken it in.

More pictures and contact details on Craigslist - https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/6101296761.html

Views: 514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I test rode that model when I was bike shopping a few years back. Really sweet ride, but they didn't have a size quite big enough for me. If you're 5'8" or under, this may be your baby.

Gorgeous bike! 

Monte, what are you asking for the bike? Your CL ad has expired.

Is this bike still for sale? What's the asking price?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service