The Chainlink

This is a mountain bike my coworker tried to sell me. We had not talked about price because I immediately told him my SO and I have limited my stable to a dozen ponys.

Many years back he bought this from his suburban neighbor because he needed a way to get to work due to his DUI suspension. It came with the typical suburban gel seat and gel pad (which I had to remove for the photo). Later he grew discontent with it from it being a bit too long on the inseam for him (notice the seat all the way down).

He thought the bike was aluminum because it seemed very light to him. I looked over the frame and told him it was a rare very well built chromoly frame. It should be sold to a bicycle geek like myself who would apreciate it.

He is asking $300.00

I get a cut for sharing this rare beauty with my bike geeks.

Views: 2805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

'92 is "vintage?" Hell, i AM old.

I feel just as old...

mike w. said:

'92 is "vintage?" Hell, i AM old.
not old "Vintage", just think a few more years and whatever style was yours from high school will be "hip" again ;)
I guess I am old, there were no mountain bikes when I was in H.S. I guess it could be worst, I could be like Garth and have had a penny farthing in H.S.

Damn, if I had the extra space I'd be all over this. Nineties MTBs are the shit.

What size is it?

The frame size is 21.5 (55cm). It also has a unique rear shimano u-brake with integrated stiffner. The stem is a shock absorber. Bars are one single twisted piece.

Michael Perz said:

Damn, if I had the extra space I'd be all over this. Nineties MTBs are the shit.

What size is it?

Like those plastic mag wheels on my old Schwinn Predator?

Joe Willis said:
not old "Vintage", just think a few more years and whatever style was yours from high school will be "hip" again ;)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service