The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'transportation' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

funding for biking and walking projects threatened in Congress

Three proposed amendments to the federal transportation bill that's currently in the House are a potentially serious threat to funding for…

Started by Anne Alt

1 Nov 3, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Scientific Look at the Best (and Worst) Ways to Commute

"What’s so intriguing about the Swedish study was that biking and walking helped people develop a greater trust in their peers and engage m…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Sep 30, 2015

Great news! Kinzie Street's protected bike lane will stay in place.

"CDOT & Reilly Reach a Consensus on Kinzie: The Protected Lanes Will Remain" Full story at Chicago Streetsblog: http://chi.streetsblog

Started by Yasmeen

8 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by Nancy L. Fagin

What Do You Think About This News Item?

I just read this on the Trib's website and wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.   http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/oak-p

Started by Fran Kondorf

3 Aug 26, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Quist

Brainstorm an Innovative Transpo App for Chicago

Brainstorm with Designing Chicago at Greater Good Studio Help design the transportation app you've always wanted You're invited to join Gre…

Started by Annemarie Spitz

0 Feb 8, 2013

IDOT Long Range State Transportation Plan Survey

The Illinois Department of Transportation is developing its statewide transportation plan that will guide what investments are made over th…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

4 Aug 31, 2012
Reply by Michelle S

Spectacular New Floating Cycle Roundabout: Better than a bike bridge?

Tawlk Amongst Yourselves ...   The bright white 230Fttall bridge pylon can be seen from far away. Attached to the top are 24 cables that su…

Started by globalguy

6 Aug 25, 2012
Reply by Mike Schwab

What's different about riding on the south side?

Visit Grid Chicago, where I examine some of the issues we face on the south side, and where we might find some solutions.  

Started by Anne Alt

14 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

Bike Pit Stop @Damen/Milwaukee for Monday Evening Commute

Active Transportation Alliance is hosting a bike pit stop today (4/30/12) from 4:30-6:30pm at the intersection of North/Milwaukee/Damen.…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

6 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Transportation Geeks and Open Gov

I've recently started getting into transportation data and exploring ways that I can use open web technologies to improve transportation in…

Started by Trina

0 Apr 8, 2012

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service