The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'south' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

South Side Cyclers?

Hi pedaling pals, Do any of you commute along S Jeffery Ave? I don't typically ride in the south and am unsure if this is a good route fro…

Started by Kate S.

11 Jun 18, 2019
Reply by Kate S.

Friends of the Major Taylor Trail want you!

We're having our meeting/annual election this Wednesday 11/10.  If you enjoy the Major Taylor Trail and would like to contribute ideas and…

Started by Anne Alt

84 Jul 11, 2018
Reply by Anne Alt

Blackstone Bicycle Works featured in Bittersweet Monthly Article

Blackstone Bicycle Works had a nice feature in an online publication called Bittersweet Monthly. Photographer David Johnson has been comin…

Started by Matthew Searle

1 Feb 16, 2018
Reply by Yasmeen

SCVA Open House Chi visitor weekend & Open Call for Painters, etc.

The velodrome in South Chicago has a new blog post covering this weekend's festivities, cook out, riding, etc.  You're invited; bring some…

Started by Marcus Moore

0 Oct 15, 2015

Chainlinkers' Biking Videos

I'm sure there are quite a few members of Chainlink who sometimes shoot video of their rides.  We see some on the site from time to time.  …

Started by Jim Reho

9 Mar 9, 2015
Reply by Jim Reho

Volunteer tree planting workday

Would you like to help improve the south lakefront by planting native trees?  You've got a great opportunity tomorrow - Sat. 5/10 - at an O…

Started by Anne Alt

0 May 9, 2014

Lake Shore Drive Extension Opens this Weekend

This weekend marks the opening of the extension of Lake Shore Drive from Rainbow Beach at 79th through the old USS works to the Calumet Riv…

Started by Jeff Blumenthal

4 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Elwood Gruschow

South side riders - how about an update on major south side routes?

In recent weeks, portions of Vincennes, 83rd St. and South Shore Dr. have been repaved. Vincennes has gotten its striping, but from what I'…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Sep 11, 2013
Reply by Anne Alt

What's different about riding on the south side?

Visit Grid Chicago, where I examine some of the issues we face on the south side, and where we might find some solutions.  

Started by Anne Alt

14 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

south side bike routes (current conditions on Vincennes)

This thread comes from the previous discussion about protected bike lanes on Kinzie.   If you could only "protect" 1 or 2 miles of Vincenne…

Started by Anne Alt

9 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service