The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'commuting' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HUB312 (FKA McDonald's Cycle Center) closing

They just notified members that they will close at the end of September. :( I have been riding in all summer, and while traffic picked up…

Started by Steve Fiete

2 Sep 20, 2022
Reply by David Barish

Did anyone witness a crash on Milwaukee Ave. Thurs. 11/30?

Asking for a friend.... Did you (or anyone you know) witness a crash at Milwaukee and Augusta at 8:55 a.m. this morning (Thursday 11/30)? I…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Dec 5, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

Lakefront Path to Loop via the Riverwalk

I'm taking the Lakefront Path from the North most days. While I appreciate the bike lane on Randolph, the insane tangle of cars at Michigan…

Started by Brian S

24 Oct 16, 2017
Reply by Gage B.

Bike Commuting Groups?

A friend of mine recently moved from Lincoln Park to Forest Park and joined a Google Group for bike commuters coming from the west side: ht…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi

11 Jun 21, 2017
Reply by JMinHP

Lake Street bike lane resurfacing

Today on my ride out, Lake's bike lane (going west) from about Kilpatrick to just past Laramie was totally ripped up for resurfacing, and i…

Started by Leah Barry

10 Oct 27, 2016
Reply by Leah Barry

Bus Rapid Transit comes to life in the Loop

Got a note from ATA a few minutes ago about the startup of Bus Rapid Transit in the Loop: http://activetrans.org/blog/chicagos-first-bus-ra

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi

18 Jan 4, 2016
Reply by Steven Vance

Worst Divvy Locations

I know this will definitely be in flux, and I am very happy they're expanding, but some of the locations make no case. Case in point: Irvi…

Started by Madopal (16.5 mi)

7 May 21, 2015
Reply by Michael B

Know someone thinking about bike commuting?

Here's a great read for friends and family thinking about or getting into riding their bike to work.  "A Bullshit-Free Guide to the Gear Y…

Started by Yasmeen

3 Mar 26, 2015
Reply by Chitown_Mike

Sprained ankle, braces, and riding

So I haven't ridden in over a week due to a high ankle sprain when going for a run last Monday.  The swelling has gone down and I can hobbl…

Started by Chitown_Mike

9 Feb 27, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Commuting with kids - what bike?

I'm currently riding a Raleigh One Way with a Yepp Mini (with my almost 2 year old son). This isn't really the best set up as the bike dime…

Started by Kelly

21 Oct 4, 2014
Reply by KayCee

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service