The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'bicycling' (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Infographic: Tips for Drivers

Today as I nearly got clipped trying to cross the street at a clearly marked intersection I wondered if the IL crosswalk law was included i…

Started by April

2 Jul 8, 2016
Reply by Mike Keating

Habit Forming - Why #30daysofbiking Is a Good Idea

A very long time ago, I was a smoker. I was in college and I really struggled to quit. I had a wake up call, dealt with some bad health is…

Started by Yasmeen

7 Apr 13, 2016
Reply by Tim Heckman

It may be the end of summer but potholes are forever. Should you repair them if the city has missed your route?

In a nutshell, NO. Bicycling Magazine has a lawyer weigh in the issues with DIY pothole repairs... http://www.bicycling.com/rides/laws/sho

Started by Yasmeen

3 Sep 1, 2015
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Favorite Bicycling Magazine(s)

Print or Digital?Name your favorite bicycling magazines! Go!

Started by Berg Jensen

13 Mar 12, 2015
Reply by Rick Schukat (6.3mi)

Photos of PRESIDENTS ON BIKES

CHALLENGE! Can you add to this photo archive? How far back can we go? Extra credit for vice presidents or candidates who lost their presid…

Started by Jason Greenberg

50 Feb 28, 2015
Reply by Jason Greenberg

TWEED RIDE - Vintage Bike Riders needed to support Children

Bike Bald is in search of owners/riders of vintage bikes to help add to the theme of the event.  We will be holding a Vintage Tweed Ride in…

Started by Debbie Mossburg

1 Oct 9, 2014
Reply by Debbie Mossburg

Has anyone ever fallen asleep riding a bike?

"Asleep at the wheel: second driver reports nodding off before fatal crash," by Tom Held.

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

41 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by joe

Pedaling Gift Ideas

New City wrote an article about cool gift ideas for cyclists in Chicago. Take a gander: http://newcity.com/2013/11/19/checkerboard-city-ped

Started by Colin Hogan

6 Nov 29, 2013
Reply by tim de la motte

Who is riding tomorrow?

Tomorrow's forecast is 90 to 100% chance of rain.  The National Weather Service (forecasts always to be taken with a grain of salt) says 1…

Started by Lisa Curcio

45 Nov 2, 2013
Reply by Jeff Schneider

Any cool cycling meet-ups to add to this list?

Hey everyone! Any other bike-friendly coffee shops, restaurants and bars in Chicago besides Heritage Bicycles and Handlebar? I included a…

Started by Leah Pickett

1 May 20, 2013
Reply by David P.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service