The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'accident' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cyclist Seriously Injured in Blody Collision on the 606 during Tuesday Evening Commute

From Chicagoist: "A 60-year-old man was seriously injured when he collided with another cyclist on The 606 trail on Tuesday evening. Two me…

Started by Jaik S.

56 Aug 28, 2017
Reply by Carter O'Brien

this afternoon on WBEZ

A segment of The Barber Shop Show dealt with cycling in Chicago, and made particular mention of the number of deaths of cyclists this year…

Started by mike w.

0 Dec 11, 2016

Cyclist victim of hit-and-run

A few weeks ago my friend was biking home when he became the victim of a hit and run. He is currently recovering from a broken neck, severe…

Started by Sara E.

0 Dec 14, 2015

To the cyclist hit on 10/15 afternoon on Spaulding

To the cyclist hit on 10/15 afternoon on Spaulding near Northeastern. My colleague witnessed the collision.  She has a photo of the car's p…

Started by yaj 7.4

2 Oct 20, 2015
Reply by chixieonfixie

Hit and Run: No Injuries or Damage: Action Required?

I was involved in a hit and run travelling northbound on Milwaukee at the intersection of Ashland.  While approaching the red light a car h…

Started by Justin

10 May 7, 2015
Reply by Justin

Looking for witnesses: hit and run at Lawrence and Bernard

Hi folks, I'm reaching out to see if I can find anyone who witnessed the car that hit me today. I am ok and I actually did not fall of my b…

Started by Tom~~

5 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by Dean Bekken

Case Dismissed?

So I was hit by a cab who pulled into the bike lane on Kinzie back in October and went to court in November. The driver said he had a lawye…

Started by Daniel Stone

9 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Anne Alt

As Summer Touring Gears Up, Be Safe!

A Boston area bike tour was struck by a car in Arkansas Tuesday. The Boston Globe reports that "Merritt Levitan, 18, from Milton has died f…

Started by globalguy

0 Jul 4, 2013

Insurance claim process post-crash

Good morning. About an hour ago, I was hit by a car while riding on the Lakefront Trail. We waited to receive a formal accident report from…

Started by Lou S

12 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Tony Adams

How did I fall, was it avoidable, and are there any lessons to learn?

First of all, thank all of you for your good wishes. I’m getting better, nothing is broken (that’s good news), but I will not be able to ri…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

30 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by Jeff Schneider

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service