The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'Safety' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Potential legal grey area on non-'roadway' bike trails for hit and runs

My father was involved in an cyclist-cyclist accident on the Robert McClory trail on July 4th near downtown Lake Bluff between 8-9am. It ap…

Started by N B

15 Jul 15, 2019
Reply by ketoguychicago

Riding with a camera and reducing road rage (mine)

I've been riding with a camera since last November and have dozens of shots of people doing crazy stuff. When time permits and when it's a…

Started by Steve G

12 Oct 25, 2015
Reply by Steve G

Traffic Safety 101: Chicagoland offerings in fall?

We're looking for opportunities for a club member to take the Traffic Safety 101 on-bike session on a Saturday in the Chicagoland area this…

Started by Tom Clark

6 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by Larry Mysz

Bicycle-automobile collision avoidance system in development - how much would you pay?

At present, I am developing a sophisticated device and smartphone app that aims to dramatically reduce dooring incidents and other motor ve…

Started by Scott Pope

13 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Davo

Interesting Idea From London About Bike Vest/Jerseys

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cyclists-dress-like-police-to-slow-drivers-down-8568155.html

Started by Timmy S. (Splinter)

2 Apr 12, 2013
Reply by h' Zerocats

LondonCycling designs a lorry(diesel work truck) to better protect walkers & cyclist

Tuesday 19 March 2013 20.42 EDT Why the London Cycling Campaign designed a bike-friendly lorry A lower driving position and bigger windows…

Started by Ace Mann

3 Mar 21, 2013
Reply by Ace Mann

Looking for your comments on bicycling infrastructure and rules of the road!

Here's a snippet from today's guest post by CyclingSavvy instructor John Brooking on the Easy As Riding A Bike blog on Chicago Now."When dr…

Started by Brent Cohrs

7 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by Todd Nelson

Bicycle Safety Survey

Hello,  I am a student at IIT who would like to do research on bicycle safety.  This is just a quick 5 to 7 minute pilot survey that featur…

Started by WalkThroughWater

10 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by Anne B.

Are Bicycle Lanes really SAFE for bicycle riders?

I rode northbound on Wells Street until I arrived at the new Bike Lane, just north of the Merchandise Mart, and I wanted to ride west bound…

Started by Steve Istvan Horvath

11 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by John Wirtz

Are protected bike lanes going in the right places?

Today, I saw another cyclist get hit at the Chicago/Ogdon/Milwaukee intersection. My workplace is nearby and I can't even count the number…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

18 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service