The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'GPS' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Current state of GPS units for navigation - 2018

I haven't seen much discussion in awhile on the current state of GPS units and am soliciting opinions. I'm mostly concerned with navigation…

Started by Dirke

7 Jul 26, 2018
Reply by Dirke

The BikeSpike - GPS/Tracker for your bicycle

It's on kickstarter. It's from Chicago. It looks like a small and great idea, and I'm backing it. It fits in a custom water bottle cage tha…

Started by Jaik S.

34 Apr 7, 2015
Reply by Jaik S.

Current GPS Devices - the good, the bad, the MEH?

I am tired of changing batteries in multiple cycling computers and having different computers on different bikes, etc.  I am thinking about…

Started by Andy Moss 9.5

14 Jan 31, 2015
Reply by peter moormann

GPS apps on mobile phone

Last year, on an organized long ride, I had a GPS with the route loaded onto it (I guess in the form of waypoints)   Does anyone know of An…

Started by Duppie

9 Mar 2, 2014
Reply by Duppie

Can a modern smartphone replace a cue sheet?

I am due for a new smartphone, and I am planning to do longer rides. Currently I have an entry level Garmin bike GPS, which works well for…

Started by Duppie

10 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by WillG

Bike GPS tracker

I got my bike stolen this weekend and started looking into hidden GPS trackers for my other bikes.  I came across this.  Has anyone ever us…

Started by Sean Struble

9 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

GPS Drawing by Riding a Bike

A new medium combining traditional drawing, conceptualism and VERY site-specific work.  Draw a picture on the city with your bike!

Started by Thunder Snow

4 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by S.Presley☠

GPS tracker for bikes!

Hi all - was watching Chris Hanson catch bad guys last night on tv & they had a segment on bike thieves.  And this came up: http://www.…

Started by pamela steiner

5 May 23, 2011
Reply by knowbody

hey Chicago bike messengers, want to make art with your GPS data?

Started by Maria Scileppi

4 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Maria Scileppi

A GPS helps explain an accident

Why Every Cyclist Should Ride With GPS http://blackdogprocycling.com/why-every-cyclist-should-ride-with-gps

Started by Mark Kenseth

11 Dec 24, 2010
Reply by Mike Keating

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service