The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paleta Ride. South East Side of Chicago to Hegewisch IL. I'll buy you a Paleta!!!

Hello,   With the help of a couple of kids we are doing a bike ride to a local ice cream shop. If you are around the area, it would be gre…

Started by Raymundo

4 Sep 4, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

South Loop bike lane construction scheduled for next summer

Not sure if this was posted before, but they plan to slightly extend the Dearborn "protected" lane and to add some parking end caps, presum…

Started by Maurice

0 Sep 2, 2016

Bike Locks Cut at Millenium Park by Management Last Night

If you are going to a concert or event, please be careful. Apparently there is a warning on their website but no notice at the site - they…

Started by Yasmeen

30 Sep 2, 2016
Reply by Kenneth C. Goetz

Ravenswood boy makes sign after thief stole his bike

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/08/31/ravenswood-boy-makes-sign-after-thief-stole-his-bike/ Source : Chicagocbslocal.com. by Steve Miller…

Started by Tom A.K.

1 Aug 31, 2016
Reply by Paul Lazzaro

Looking for volunteer to lead my 9 yr old Cub Scout troop in diy bike maintenance session

Hi there... I'm looking for a bike enthusiast to lead my 3rd grade (9 year olds) Cub Scout Troop (12 of them) in a bike maintenance event a…

Started by Erica Carli

4 Aug 28, 2016
Reply by Erica Carli

Powerful Change in Legislation to Recognize the Rights of Cyclists on the Roads

Incredibly sad story but thanks to Michael Keating, the Jurs family, and other advocates, the law has been changed.  New biking law is bor…

Started by Yasmeen

13 Aug 27, 2016
Reply by Mike Keating

Guard catches wrong-way driver who struck cyclist

http://abc7chicago.com/news/abc7-guard-catches-wrong-way-driver-who-allegedly-struck-bicyclist/1484186/ Source: abc7Chicago.com. "A cyc…

Started by Tom A.K.

8 Aug 26, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Clarification on Lisa Kuivinen Tragedy

I'm trying to process what happened to Lisa as someone who rides that route every day. Did Lisa get hit trying to merge with traffic just b…

Started by mweerd

52 Aug 25, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

So I doored a cyclist yesterday... :(

I was leaving Silvie's yesterday (well, not LEAVING leaving, just had to run outside to grab my amp, was there to perform), and their doors…

Started by BikeScnhook

8 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by BikeScnhook

ticket

So, today I was ticketed for riding on the sidewalk. This ticket was issued just north of Michigan Ave, north (across the street) from the…

Started by Paul

9 Aug 22, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service