The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Disturbing Incident Report on Facebook/UK Village

Read this on the Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Watch Facebook page.  A man in pickup truck was headed west on Grand. He suddenly pulled ov…

Started by Brian

8 Mar 25, 2017
Reply by Brian

Dearborn and Randolph

Has anyone, biking southbound, EVER made the light at Dearborn and Randolph? :) Some mornings I'm stopped by the southbound red light at D…

Started by Alex Z

2 Mar 23, 2017
Reply by Gage B.

Here's How Bicyclists, Runners Will Be Split On Revamped Lakefront Path

LINCOLN PARK — The separation of the Lakefront Trail between cyclists and pedestrians — a project being funded by Illinois' richest cyclist…

Started by Gene Tenner

0 Mar 23, 2017

Let's Keep the Wheels Turning

I'm here every day because I love what we do. I love helping get the word out on bike safety, social rides, racing, touring, love of bikes…

Started by Yasmeen

4 Mar 16, 2017
Reply by John Dow

HoverBike!

Your bike of the future?! 45mph - 10 feet off the ground. http://www.livescience.com/57980-hoverbike-floats-through-air-in-test.html

Started by Tom A.K.

5 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by John Dow

Chicago Tribune: Increase in Bike Lane Enforcement for 2017

The Chainlink, an online cyclist networking site, began a post in January 2016 called "What's this doing in the bike lane?" More than 600…

Started by Yasmeen

11 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Winner of This Year's Active Trans Winter Bike Challenge Logged 1k Miles in 2 Weeks

The Winter Bike Challenge encourages intrepid cyclists to brave the winter elements and ride their bikes for two weeks in January. This yea…

Started by Yasmeen

1 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Ride Illinois ACTION ALERT: Help Us Pass New Bike Safety Legislation

ACTION ALERT: Help Us Pass New Bike Safety Legislation Please take a couple minutes to help Ride Illinois pass our state bicycle bill…

Started by Yasmeen

3 Mar 11, 2017
Reply by Mike Keating

Active Trans Petition: We Must Do More to Hold Drunk Drivers Accountable

Active Trans: Please sign our letter to local law enforcement and judicial officials calling on them to do more to hold drunk and reckless…

Started by Yasmeen

7 Mar 10, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Bike-Cab Collision Caught on Camera on the News

"CBS News Footage Shows Cab Driver Had A Red Light At Time of Collision With Chicago Bicyclist" While filming a news story about train de…

Started by Yasmeen

18 Mar 6, 2017
Reply by JAYMO

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service