The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Environmental Factors When Riding

Right now I'm working on an article about the Cowalunga Bike Tour and it got me thinking about environmental factors we experience riding a…

Started by Yasmeen

7 May 25, 2017
Reply by Tom A.K.

Cowalunga - anyone participate in the ride? Short interview request

I am writing an article about the ride and was wondering if we have a few Chainlink members that can share their experiences (and photos, i…

Started by Yasmeen

0 May 19, 2017

I thought I had it rough on the ride home tonight...

This evening I was having a beer with a friend outside on Navy Pier (around 6:45 I believe).  Within 15 minutes the weather dropped from 78…

Started by Josh L.

0 May 18, 2017

Chicago Ride of Silence 2017

The Ride of Silence will honor cyclists killed and injured on Chicago streets this Wednesday, May 17, 2017. The Ride of Silence will begi…

Started by Tom A.K.

6 May 18, 2017
Reply by Tom A.K.

Advice Please: McDonald's Cycle Center to Lakefront Path

Hi Everyone, I've got a friend coming into town next week, staying downtown, and I'm looking forward to taking him for a long spin along t…

Started by Andy J

10 May 18, 2017
Reply by Lisa Gordon

Lakefront Trail From Diversey To North To Close For Construction May 22

The effort to make the Lakefront Trail less congested by creating separate paths for cyclists and joggers will force a portion of the popu…

Started by Gene Tenner

4 May 16, 2017
Reply by Allan

Swedish Covenant Hospital Giving Away 1,000 Bike Helmets

A story on AP: A Chicago hospital is giving away 1,000 bike helmets to promote safety as the summer biking season begins. Swedish Covenant…

Started by Yasmeen

2 May 16, 2017
Reply by Cheryl

Divvy Overage Fees Total $4 Million - DNAinfo article (featuring a few Chainlink members)

Since Chicago's bike-sharing system Divvy began almost four years ago, users of the sky blue cruisers took nearly 10.7 million trips. Not a…

Started by Yasmeen

2 May 15, 2017
Reply by Argonne69

Anyone traveling from Chicago to RAGBRAI 2017???

Hey Everyone! Im a bike mechanic/sales associate at the Working Bikes Cooperative and im looking for a group to travel up to RAGBRAI This…

Started by Brian

1 May 14, 2017
Reply by clp

South Shore Trains To Begin Bike Service

Woot! http://abc7chicago.com/news/south-shore-trains-to-begin-bike-service/1252155/ Indiana Dunes, here we come!

Started by Fran Kondorf

42 May 13, 2017
Reply by Allan

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service