The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

100 Miles of Nowhere

Has anyone else ever done this or heard of it? It's a silly "century" done on rollers or a stationary bike, proceeds go to LiveStrong, with…

Started by Chris B

2 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Kevin Mulcky

upstate NY ride

Has anyone ever done the Erie Canal ride or Hudson River Valley ride?  Just curious.

Started by Anne Alt

5 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Kevin Mulcky

Join Casey's course marshal team!

Course Marshals are in the center of all the action during Bike the Drive! Stationed along the entire length of Lake Shore Drive, they chee…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

0 Apr 11, 2011

80 Degrees on Sunday?

That's what The Trib is saying here....

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

21 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Holly

Interesting new report on cycling in major North American cities

.PDF   Whole thing is worth reading, but here are a few things I thought were interesting:   —Chicago > New York. Don't know why Chicago…

Started by Dr. Doom

12 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Steven Vance

How Hitler Feels About Bike Lanes

This was forwarded to me from a Canadian friend of mine. i think the sentiments are pretty universal.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C7AYsf

Started by Michael B

6 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

Portable velocipede is the ultimate steampunk/hippy mashup bike (from Grist.org)

If you’re the type of green-minded soul who prefers handlebar mustaches to dreadlocks and watch fobs to Tom’s Shoes, you definitely need t…

Started by Andy Finko

4 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by Bike Bloke

Scrappers, again

Burgundy Toyota with a white tailgate had a "friend" in a late 90's Ford pickup hauling sooooo many bikes that I bet going underneath the I…

Started by Mike Zumwalt

3 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Greg Borzo on Streetwise Cover!

I was walking into Treasure Island today and a Streetwise vendor asked if I wanted to buy the new issue.  I actually had a few dollars on m…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

3 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by chixieonfixie

Bike thief caught near UIC campus

Just posted to the College of Cycling listserv by a member of the UIC Community: UIC Police report: On 07 April 2011 @ 1511 hours UICPD res…

Started by Bicycle Poet

7 Apr 8, 2011
Reply by Davo

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service