The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,324)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for Suburb Bike Route ~ 25 miles

I've heard the suburbs have great bike paths, but have never ventured out of the city. I don't have a car, so I've never invested the time…

Started by Lugo

7 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Emily Schick

I was pleased to see Velomobiles used in France in a documentary back when the Nazis invaded.

Too bad the design never really took off. They looked like practical fun.

Started by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

5 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Hope for Diversey in the 1st ward?!

Hey, so riding east from Logan/Avondale I see they're resurfacing Diversey between Western and California - anyone in the 1st ward?  Please…

Started by Carter O'Brien

1 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Carter O'Brien

Broken Spokes

On my bike this morning and noticed my rear tire woobly. Second time this has happened. I have 2 broken spokes now and I'm in downtown. My…

Started by David Ramos

15 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

Bike hit-and-run, 7/20 @14 and Michigan: any updates?

We witnessed the aftermath of a pretty horrific collision yesterday. From what others in our building saw, the original person who hit the…

Started by Meg Matthews

3 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Meg Matthews

French bikes, Bottom Bracket issue.

My neighbor wants me to turn his girlfriends '71 Peugeot into a single speed. I have never worked on french bikes before and was wondering…

Started by Ryan L

3 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Ryan L

auditing the last day of Ragbrai

Anyone interested in renting a van and "audit" the last day of Ragbrai? it is a ~64 miles ride from Iowa city to Davenport.

Started by Dubi Kaufmann

6 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Liz

Free beer! Goose Island-sponsored reading of "Bars Across America" Friday 7/22 at the Book Cellar

WHO: John Greenfield, author of Bars Across America: Drinking and Biking from Coast to Coast (Pint Size Press, 2010), pintsizepress.info. W…

Started by John Greenfield

0 Jul 21, 2011

Burning up the newswires on the west coast: bike vs. airplane challenge.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/07/carmageddon-bicyclists-challenge-jetblue-to-crosstown-race.html

Started by h' Zerocats

8 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Thunder Snow

Need a bike to borrow 8/4-9 (can reciprocate after)

I have a 6'4" guy friend coming to town for the weekend of 8/4-9 and I wanted to see if I could do a bike swap with someone so he has somet…

Started by Joi Podgorny

0 Jul 21, 2011

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service