The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Updating the Chicagoland Bicycle Map

Hello, The Active Transportation Alliance received a grant from the Tawani Foundation to update the Chicagoland regional Bike Map. We will…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

6 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Thoughtful video from CDOT and the CPD

I recently came across a training video created in June by CDOT and the CPD that I think is an excellent primer on bike law. I'm not sure i…

Started by Brendan Kevenides

7 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Brendan Kevenides

Boulevard Lakefront Tour this Sunday Sept 13

Hi! The Boulevard Lakefront Tour is this Sunday and we are looking for qualified individuals to be Ride Marshals, assisting riders with me…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

0 Sep 10, 2009

Flash! Pink Schwinn Lil Chic Stolen!

Ok ya'll: A pink Schwinn Lil Chic was stolen recently (two days now). Bannanna seat, white grips, ape hangers...you know a friggin' Schwin…

Started by Nathaniel D. Buckner

2 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Nathaniel D. Buckner

cyclists and bee/yellow jacket/wasp stings

I've been stung twice in the past week by yellow jackets. A week ago Monday on the lip and yesterday (Labor Day) on the hand. I have a fair…

Started by Gary Gilbert

16 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Nathaniel D. Buckner

Albany Park to Oak Park Suggestions?

So I have to get to Oak Park from Albany Park Tuesdays and Thursdays. I can take the el, but I would like to ride my bike if possible at al…

Started by corinne

8 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by jen

Stolen Jamis Satellite Femme

My white Jamis Satellite Femme, which I've only owned for four months, and which I love EXTREMELY MUCH, was stolen off my back porch in Log…

Started by Erin Watson

2 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Erin Watson

Urban Assault - Volunteers Needed!

Celebrate Fall bike riding fun and support West Town Bikes with New Belgium's Urban Assault Ride. BEER, BIKES and BIG WHEELS! The funky…

Started by Bikefreeek

1 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by alex

Bicycle Parking Near Transit Stations

Let's say right next to heavily used transit stations around the city, there were independently owned bicycle parking stations where one co…

Started by Gregory

1 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Joe TV

FOUND: Fancy cycling hat @ Wood and Division

Just came across a pretty awesome cycling hat smushed in the middle of the intersection of Wood and Division. If you can describe it I will…

Started by jen

2 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by dan brown

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service