The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Call Your Congressional Representative Regarding Federal Rescissions of Transportation Funds

Stakeholders and interested constituents are encouraged to call their federal representatives to request repeal of the SAFETEA-LU rescissio…

Started by Tom Murtha

7 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by h' Zerocats

Halsted to far South Side

In light of several recent attacks on cyclists, I no longer blithely ride just anywhere like I used to. With that in mind, I was wondering…

Started by Natalie

6 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Anne Alt

Nov 7 - Naptown Rollergirls vs Bloomington - Indianapolis Bike Trip!!!

I'm planning on biking to Indianapolis for the Nov 7th Naptown RollerGirls vs Bleeding Heartland at the Pepsi Coliseum. I'm planning on sta…

Started by Stacy Grimes

14 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by joe

Super commuters have an intense trip to work

Red Eye article about car free commuters

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

4 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Fixed Fridays in Hyde Park

I forgot to post this to the calendar this week, so I'll post it here. Fixed Fridays continue from 5-7pm at TATI Cycles in Hyde Park. Come…

Started by J

0 Sep 25, 2009

Wisconsin wanderings on two wheels on VWYF

http://votewithyourfeetchicago.blogspot.com This week VWYF consumes large quantities of cheese and sausage on a spontaneous bike camping t…

Started by John Greenfield

0 Sep 24, 2009

Keep Your Bike Clean-safely

Hi all, This site is really growing (up to 340 members now)! I don't want to spam this site, but want to do some shameless self-promotion.…

Started by El Duke

39 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by El Duke

DPR Trail Entrance @ Ballard

Des Plaines River Trail off Ballard for the first time today. My best advice is to ride it when the turf is dry - this hasn't been maintain…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

7 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

need to do a fender swap (?)

Long story short - my single speed had 700X28 tires; the fork cracked; so I swapped a (cool) carbon fork off my tri bike (and went threadl…

Started by dan brown

0 Sep 24, 2009

Sticky Brakes

Morning. I've had a problem gradually develop over the last few days w/ my rear brake: when I pull the lever, at first there seems to me no…

Started by Lisa yeah

3 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by Duppie

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service