The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any thoughts on the current parking meter removal & bike parking situation?

As a former Active Transportation Alliance employee and bike parking manager for Chicago Department of Transportation’s Bike Program, I've…

Started by John Greenfield

10 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by ad

Off-Road riding

Hello Chainlink; It seems this forum is primarily used by SS and fixie crowd. I'm looking for trail riders, off-roaders, Mt. bikers and su…

Started by Christopher

16 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by Christopher

Anyone do GITAP?

Hi Folks, I see the GITAP dates and sites are listed for 2010 at http://bikelib.org/gitap/2010/index.htm. I did Bicycle Illinois this year…

Started by yaj 7.4

2 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by millenial removing Bernie tattoo

What's your opinion on electric bikes?

Every time I see an ad for an electric bicycle, or see one in a shop, I think "What's the point?" Who uses these and why not just go buy…

Started by dav

10 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Ryan

Need photos of last year's Winter Cycling Series

If anyone has good resolution photos of any of last year's Winter Cycling Series, please get in touch with me. There is a Red Eye reporter…

Started by Lee Diamond

1 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Jared

Last-minute notice - Lawrence Avenue Community meeting Monday

We just posted this event here and on our blog: Alderman Schulter of the 47th Ward is hosting a community meeting to discuss the upcoming…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

6 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Duppie

New City article: Critical Massers do lunch with the Holocaust Memorial Museum

Here's a write-up of a benefit a bunch of Critical Mass riders recently attended, featuring Mayor Daley and "Defiance" star Liev Schreiber.…

Started by John Greenfield

0 Nov 18, 2009

Ultimate Group Bike Tour

What would be the ideal place & circumstances for a group bike tour? I'm looking to lead a couple of group bike tours in the off-seaso…

Started by RideTHISbike

3 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by RideTHISbike

You must be insane on Sheridan Rd

I just don't understand why anyone would ride on the street around Sheridan Rd where it curves around the graveyard going back into Evansto…

Started by cutifly

21 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Kohaku

I need some Fixie riders to ride with

No hipsters. I'm just looking to bike the metropolis with a group of people who are sane,creative,love single speeds or fixies,and just lo…

Started by ishnock aka the blue baron

56 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Leah

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service