Join us as we head to the northern suburbs of Chicago for a 45-50 mile ride. We will head to the Skokie Lagoons and Highland Park for a mid-ride snack stop, then back down Sheridan Road past the beautiful Bahai Temple, through the city of Evanston, and back into downtown. This is a great way to meet new fellow road riders and get in a few miles.
- Time: Meet at 9:00AM for coffee, roll out at 9:30AM
- Distance: 45-50 miles with a mid ride stop for coffee
- Pace: Pace is recreational yet spirited at times. Our rides have a “no drop” policy and we allow several chances to regroup.
- Route: See GPS here. From the Clubhouse on Milwaukee Ave, up Damen, to the Skokie Lagoons, then to Highland Park for a coffee stop, and back down to the Clubhouse in the city.
- Terrain: Please note that while our rides stick primarily to the road, it is not uncommon for them to feature an off-road section.
- Requirements: For your enjoyment road bikes, helmets and foot retention are required. Please remember to bring flat changing tools and an extra tube. Riding snacks and water are also strongly suggested. TT bars are not allowed on any of our rides and RSVP is required.