We will ride to Morton Grove for this event. We will take my usual Lincoln Ave route unless the group requires side streets and this will take longer, but we will do it if desired.
We'll even come pick you up if you live between Lincoln Park and Morton Grove and would have to double back to meet us in Lincoln Park.
This fun and unique event has various profound effects:
- Bringing together the best of the community's professional and amateur singers, dancers and artists.
- Demonstrating to Jewish children and the larger community that the Jewish community does not just gather in times of crisis.
- Educating the Jewish community about its multi-faceted culture.
- Reaching out to the general community to show the breadth and depth of the Jewish community.
- Providing an avenue for Jewish artists and performers to develop and present their work and encouraging them to work on Jewish themes within their fields.
- Encouraging tolerance by bringing together the entire Jewish community to celebrate our culture, identity and diversity.
The outdoor showcase includes seven hours of continuous entertainment on four stages: two main stages for musical entertainment and a stage for dance groups, theater groups and storytelling. In addition, the festival includes a children's stage, a hands-on activity area, an art fair, a craft fair, an ethnic food fair and organization fair.